Scope and Application of Policy
The Governments of Canada and most Canadian Provinces and Territories have adopted legislation regarding the use of confidential investor information by (among others) providers of financial products and services.
At The HARVEST Group, maintaining the trust and confidence of our investors is our highest priority. That is why we want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information. A detailed explanation of our Policy is provided for you below. Please read it carefully.
If you have any questions regarding our policy, please feel free to contact us. Should you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us.
The HARVEST Group is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its investors. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you or your financial advisor in connection with any of the products or services provided by HARVEST. We do not disclose information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future. As you know, we use financial information that you provide to us to help you meet your personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of your rights of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information about you is listed below
• We limit access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to non-affiliated parties as permitted by law. We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
• The categories of non-public personal information that we collect from an investor depend upon the scope of the investor engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about transactions between you and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
• For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and provincial/territorial regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
• We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
• Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are an investor, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and provincial/territorial securities and privacy laws. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
In order to ensure compliance with this policy and applicable privacy legislation, HARVEST has appointed a Privacy Officer. If you have any questions about the application of this Policy, please contact HARVEST’s Privacy Officer:
Harvest Group of Companies
#18, 11410-27th Street SE
Toll Free: 1-866-313-8720